Colliers International is the licensed trading name of Colliers N.I. Residential Limited.
Colliers N.I. Residential Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Colliers N.I. Residential Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information may be being used you can contact us at Colliers N.I. Residential Limited, 25 Talbot Street, Belfast, BT1 2LD or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What we collect
Our core business is acting as a Estate Agent to broker the sale/purchase of New Homes. This may involve collecting the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting and relevant using the email address which you may have provided. All such emails provide an option to unsubscribe from any future emails. We will delete your contact details from our records at any time, should you request it, by writing to us at email@example.com
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests. We will delete your contact details from our records at any time, should you request it, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We are required by law to contact the relevant criminal authority should we detect a risk of money laundering or fraudulent activity. The law also permits us to report suspected crime to the appropriate authorities.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. By using our website, you’re consenting to us using cookies in the ways described above. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Where do we send personal information?
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
As a UK based company, all the personal data we may process is protected by European data protection standards.
To provide our services to you, we’ll sometimes need to share your personal information with relevant organisations such as the developer of a property you have an interest in, their legal advisors or other estate agents jointly appointed to sell a property.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose information to a regulatory body where they request this to resolve complaints, or our auditors in connection with their duties.How long do we keep personal information?
We only keep your personal information as long as we need to. Based on the purpose for which you provided it to us that may be for up to six years to meet our obligations under UK Money Laundering regulations.